The CURVA six wheel board was created to get that fluid boarding feel, without relying on snow, waves or concrete and to achieve the adrenaline rush everyone wants, with the advantage of being able to board ride ALL YEAR !!!
THE SIX WHEEL COMBINATION
CURVA boards have a unique six wheel layout. In the centre of the board, between your feet are tandem in-line wheels that gives you a floating feeling while the outside control wheels provide instant response, precise turning smooth transitions and stability.
A combination of surface, angle of slope and control of your board will determine your speed. The more you turn, the slower your speed... the more you head downhill the faster you go!
GREAT CROSS-TRAINING for snowboarding, surfing, skateboarding and other board sports.
The skid plate at the rear of the board provides extra braking, protection for the deck and can be used in many tricks and slides.
|Dirt track||long cruising runs, carving, natural terrain|
|Local parks||carving smooth turns, natural terrain|
|BMX tracks||Boardercross, jumps, freestyle|
|Forest||Off-piste, single track, natural terrain|
|Beaches/Open spaces||land kite boarding, motorised|
EVENTS & COMPETITIONS
Landboarding/mountainboard events and competitions are held local, state, national and world wide. Visit our face book page for more information on upcoming events.
- Always wear a helmet and body protection when riding.
- Always check the area you are riding is safe for you, other people and animals.
- Become familiar with the CURVA sixwheelboard on flat ground before advancing.
- Avoid riding in long grass or where the surface is obstructed from view.
- Check tyre pressures before use.
- Check all nuts and bolts are tight and bindings are in safe and good condition before each use.
- Abide by the laws in the area you are riding.
- When you are riding or are near a CURVA BOARD you do so at your own pleasure and risk.
- Adjust tyre pressures to suit your weight and riding style.
- Adjust or remove bindings to suit your riding preference.
- Stand on your board on level ground and get used to the all round rocking and motion and leaning limits.
- On a slight hill in an open area - slowly roll along practicing slowing and stopping with skid plate.
- Keep on toe or heelside at a slow speed - turn uphill to slow down and stop.
- Progress from tight turns to longer turns.
- Ride within your limits, be safe and have fun.
Riding gives a unique experience similar to snowboarding and surfing - without the need for snow or water. Great cross training for snowboarding, surfing, skateboarding and other board sports.
|CURVA DECKS||Unique and made from a combination of press formed rock maple laminates to achieve a balance of strength, flex and durability.|
|CURVA BINDINGS||4 bolt adjustable snowboard style.|
|CURVA AXLES, NUTS & BOLTS||Made of high quality stainless steel, for strength and anti-rusting properties.|
|CURVA WHEEL MOUNTS||Unique hand crafted quality stainless steel.|
|CURVA IN-LINE WHEELS||
Lightweight split rims, turf tread pattern pneumatic tyres with quality high speed sealed bearings.
|CONTROL WHEELS||Lightweight split rims, turf tread pattern pneumatic tyres with quality high speed sealed bearings.|
Because everyone is not the same weight, has the same skills, rides the same surface or has the same preference for riding. Trying different pressures will give you your ultimate preference for the feel and ride you want.
As a guide Curvaboards factory test riders enjoy the following tyre pressures:
|CENTRE FRONT||tyre 26psi|
|CENTRE REAR||tyre 25psi|
|4 x CONTROL||tyres 20psi|